Here's some of my work.
You can always look on my GitHub or have a look at some projects, with varying levels of quality and complete-ness, below.
- ATSim - Simplistic instruction set simulator for a subset of AVR.
- DMLT - A dedicated language transpiler for Mote Runner, outputs Mote Runner compatible Java. [Unpublished]
- FlexMISC - A flexible MISC architecture with the ability to be a VLIW architecture as well. [Unpublished]
- I2AR - A language for generating instruction set simulators for architectures simply. [Unpublished]
- NowAndNext - Put time in your visual field, now in C♯. Inspired by now_and_next.
- Python-IMD - Read IMD format disk images with Python.
2021 - Fourth Year of University
- AC3 - Simple implementation of AC3 algorithm in Python for CONS module.
2020 - Third Year of University/Fourth Year of University
- Dependable Wireless Communications - Research internship with YorRobots at UoY developing tools for recording, analysis, and visualisation of wireless communication.
- DMX Shield - An Arduino shield designed to allow easy interfacing of an Arduino running AVR-DMX to a DMX network.
- EMBS Part 1 - Third Year Embedded Systems Module Part 1 for UoY CS.
- Mayfair - Basic constraint solver based on 4th Year UoY CS module CONS.
- Pi-puck ROS Drivers - ROS driver packages for the Pi-puck robotics platform. [Third year project]
- Pi-Puck ROS Drivers Additional Files - Additional useful files for the Pi-puck ROS Drivers.
- PHyB - A simplistic Python based HTML builder in 200 lines of code or less.
- SMA16 - A tiny virtual architecture with less than 16 instructions.
- Snapper! - A tool to snap windows to the top or bottom of a screen on Windows.
- The Pi-puck Ecosystem: Hardware and Software Support for the e-puck and e-puck2 - ANTS 2020 conference paper about the Pi-puck robotics platform.
2019 - Year in Industry/Third Year of University
- AVR-DMX - Turn an Arduino into a DMX interface.
- PyDMX - A library for DMX lighting control including drivers.
2018 - Second Year of University/Year in Industry
- CJello - A C implementation of the Jello virtual machine.
- C UoYWeek - The conversion of a C++ command line utility to C to see how much more complex it would be.
- EMPR Individual Component - Second Year Embedded Systems Project Individual Component for UoY CS.
- EMPR Part 2 - Second Year Embedded Systems Project Part 2 for UoY CS.
- Rusty Jello - An ongoing project, part my attempt to get better at rust, part my interest in virtual machines.
- smallsimon - The result of a bit of code golf with some other HackSoc members.
- SMA16 (old) - A tiny virtual architecture with less than 16 instructions.
2017 - First Year of University/Second Year of University
- EMPR Part 1 - Second Year Embedded Systems Project Part 1 for UoY CS.
- fizzbuzzalloneline - an implementation of fizzbuzz which would be better, if not for being all one line.
- Hacksoc Imitate Bot - A bot to imitate Slack users on the Hacksoc Slack.
- HACS Experiment Application - A quick and dirty application to perform an experiment for Uni.
- Shiponym - A procedural ship name generator.
- XC - A binary based language conversions tool (also a reference to a show from my childhood).
2016 - First Year of University
- BCMS - Basic cloud file store made for coursework a while ago.
- Dansho - Basic social media-thingy, made for coursework.
- File Details Updater - Little program to update file meta-data on windows.
- Jello - Simple little language, made messily, mainly for the pun-based name.
- Linea - Little 2-player Tron clone, made in an hour or so.
- Lock Game Clone - Simple clone of that game which was popular for a few days.
- PyFIO - My winning entry into the University of York Blue Pi Thinking competition 2016.
- Python Compressor - Little program to make single file python program smaller, not really useful in production.
- Intersection Game - The beginning of a game, made as part of a hackathon, got 2nd place.